Monday 13 August 2012

Elven Elites Protect Their General Part 1

Here goes the first installment of an irregular series of battles inspired by the many great photos in Warhammer Fantasy Battles 3rd edition.  I thought I start with the picture that sums up Warhammer 3 for me - "Elven Elites Protect Their General" (Page 138) (Also pages 8-9 and 16-17).   I have spent way too many hours staring at and dreaming over this scene.  Why have the Elves allowed the forces of Chaos so close to them?  What is going to happen next?  Ahh, I've always wanted to fight this battle.  So here we go...

The Set-up



I had to make a few substitutions.   Instead of the cool Chaotic host on pages 8-9, I gave the Chaos force a Dragon Ogre and a unit of Centaurs. 


The plastic Elf archers I replaced with Marauder metal ones.  I like my metal.


Anyway, to be continued...

7 comments:

  1. Cracking idea!

    I was always intrigued by the pic with the Orcs storming over a bridge, spearheaded by a unit of Balrogs and skeletons, with a big orange Giant looking on - fancy doing that one next? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thantsants! I am a big fan of your site and your work. And yes, I love the picture with the Orange Giant too. I've always wanted that giant.

      Delete
    2. Wasn't it a converted Fighting Fantasy plastic miniature? I am sure that I have read that somewhere. I spent years looking for that model- must be something to do with the bone through its nose.

      Fantastic idea by the way. Looking forwards to seeing more of it.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, orlygg! It is nice to have you stop by! Your wonderful site is part of my daily morning routine. And yes, even though that giant is plastic, I would still like to have him. I love giants.

      Delete
    4. Certainly was, as was the other chap featured - different heads here but you might recognise the poses...

      http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/350916.page

      Delete
  2. And I thought I was the only one who coveted that giant...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haw... I have one:
    http://ministuff.godzilla.se/?p=366

    It even cleaned up nice;
    http://www.godzilla.se/ministuffstuff/misc_2011d.jpg

    ReplyDelete